Form View allows you to arrange fields in a form to input data.
Form View Builder
Form view builder layout can be divided into 3 sections:
- Fields Area - This is the area where fields available in the tables that are not yet added to the form are listed.
- Form Area - This is the area where fields added to the form are listed.
- Form Settings - This is the area where you can configure the form view. This mainly consists of actions & customisations that can be performed after a form view is submitted.
Form View Actions
- Create a New Form View
- Rename an Existing Form View
- Duplicate a Form View
- Remove a Form View
- Share a Form View
- Lock Form View for Edits
Form View Operations
Add Form Title & Description
In the Form View area, click on in input boxes provided for Title <1> & Description <2> to add/update title & description to the form.
Add Fields to the Form
To add a field to the form, either
- Drag and drop the field from the Fields Area to the Form Area at required position
- Click on the field in the Fields Area to add it to the end of the Form Area
Change field label & help-text
To change the field label displayed on the form & add help-text, click on the field in the Form Area and update the values in the input boxes provided for Label <1> & Help Text <2>.
Mark a Field as Required
To mark a field as required, click on the field in the Form Area and toggle the
Rearrange Fields Within the Form
To rearrange fields within the form, drag and drop the field to the required position.
Remove Fields from the Form
To remove a field from the form, either
- Drag and drop the field from the Form Area to the Fields Area
- Hover over the field in the Form Area and click on the
Add a New Field to the Table
To add a new field to the table,
- Click on the
+ Add new field to this tablein the Fields Area and
- Select the field name & type from the dropdown.
- Click on
Form View Settings
NocoDB allows you to configure the form view to perform various actions after a form is submitted. These actions can be configured in the Form Settings area.
- After Submit Message: You can configure a message to display on successful submission of the form.
Submit Another FormButton: This option when enabled, will display a
Submit Another Formbutton after the form is submitted.
- Show a Blank form: This option when enabled, will display a new blank form 5 seconds after the form is submitted.
- Email me: Enable this option to receive an Email after the form is submitted.
Survey Form View
NocoDB supports a special type of form view called
Survey Form View. This view is ideal for creating surveys & questionnaires. This view can be enabled by toggling the
Survey Mode switch when creating shared form view.
- Form input fields will be displayed one at a time.
- Users can navigate between fields using the
Attaching a file from mobile device
To attach a file from mobile device,
- Click on the
Add File(s)button in attach field
- Sample options could be (varies from device to device)
- Camera : use this if you wish to take a picture
- Files : use this if you wish to attach a file from your device