Once you have created a new NocoDB project you can open it, In the browser, the URL would be like
Now you can start creating new tables by simply clicking one of the following options.
- Click the plus button next to Table menu
- Click Add / Import, then click Add new table
A modal will be popped up. Input the corresponding info and enable or disable default columns and click
After the successful submission, the table will be created and open as a new tab.
Right click on Table name on left hand project-tree menu, select
In modal popup, enter new table name and click
The table can be deleted using the
delete icon present in the toolbar within the table tab.
+ icon on the right corner of the table.
After the click, it will show a menu and you can enter the column name and choose the column type (Abstract type).
Savebutton to create the new column.
& we have new column created as part of our table
For more about Abstract type click here.
To edit column properties, click/hover on down arrow, select
Edit from the menu.
You will be able to edit column name & associated datatype using pop-up modal.
For additional menu options, click
Show more options
Column deletion can be done by using the
delete option from the column header menu.
For adding new values to the table we need new rows, new rows can be added in two methods.
Row Add (Using Form)
- Click the
+icon in the toolbar of the table tab.
- Now it will open a modal Form to enter the values, provide the values and press the save button.
- After saving it will be there on your table.
Row Add (Using Table Row at bottom of page)
- Click the bottom row of the table which contains
+icon at the beginning.
- Now it will add a new row in the table
You can start editing by any of the following methods
- Double click on cell to edit
- Click on cell and start typing (this way it will clear the previous content)
- Click on cell and press enter to start editing
- And it will automatically save on blur event or if inactive.
Right-click on anywhere in the row and then from the context menu select
Delete Row option.
Bulk delete is also possible by selecting multiple rows by using the checkbox in first column and then
Delete Selected Rows options from the right click context menu.
You can use Quick Import when you have data from external sources such as Airtable, CSV file or Microsoft Excel to an existing project by clicking
Add / Import and choosing the corresponding options.
Import Airtable into an existing project
- See here
Import CSV data into an existing project
Add / Importand click
- Drag & drop or select file to upload or specify Excel file URL
- You can revise the table name, column name and column type. By default, the first column will be chosen as Primary Value and cannot be deleted.
Import CSVto start importing process. The table will be created and the data will be imported.
Import Excel data into an existing project
Add / Importand click
Drag & drop or select file to upload or specify Excel file URL
You can revise the table name, column name and column type. By default, the first column will be chosen as Primary Value and cannot be deleted.Note: If your Excel file contains multiple sheets, each sheet will be stored in a separate table.
Import Excelto start importing process. The table(s) will be created and the data will be imported to the corresponding table(s).
You can export your data from a table as a CSV file by clicking
Download as CSV.
You can import your data in CSV format to a table by clicking