What is a Display Value ?
- Display Value as the name stands is the primary or main value within a row of a table that you generally associate that row with.
- It should be usually associated with a column which is uniquely identifiable. However, this uniqueness is not enforced at the database level.
- Before v0.105.0, Display Value was known as Primary Value.
What is the use of Display Value ?
- Within a spreadsheet, Display Value are always highlighted so that it is easier to recognise what row we are in.
- And when LinkToAnotherRecord is created between two tables - it is the Display Value that appears in LinkToAnotheRecord column.
Example : Display Value highlighted in Actor table
Example : Display Value highlighted in Film table
Example : Display Value associated when LinkToAnotherRecord is created
How to set Display Value ?
Click down arrow in the target column. Click
Set as Display Value.
How is Display Value identfied for existing database tables ?
- It is usually the first column after the primary key which is not a number.
- If there is no column which is not a number then the column adjacent to primary key is chosen.
Can I change the Display Value to another column within tables ?
- Yes, you can use the same way mentioned above to set Display Value.